The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

Saturday, January 20, 2018

How to Loom Knit Lace Ruffle Trim

Loom Knit 

Lace Ruffle Trim

by

The Loom Muse

 All you need is 10 pegs to do this.

Great for using up scrap yarn as well.

Add in as you go, sew in, or start from the beginning as your cast on. 

Very Versatile. 

 

Terms

CH CO: Chain Cast On or Crochet Cast On

K: Knit

P: Purl

D: Decrease

YO: Yarn Over

K2tog: Knit 2 Stitches Together

P2tog: Purl 2 Stitches Together

SL: Slip

BO: Bind Off

Follow video for visual help. 

 

CH CO 10 pegs
Row 1: K
Row 2: P9, K1
Row 3: SL1, K1, D<- YO K2tog, K2, D<- YO K2tog, K1, EWCH 5
Row 4: SL1, P2, WT, K3, SL1, P1, WT, K2, SL1, WT, K1, SL1, P2tog 3times, P5, K1
Row 5: SL1, K3, D<-YO K2tog, K3, EWCH 5
Row 6: SL1, P2, WT, K3, SL1, P1, WT, K2, SL1, WT, K1, SL1, P2tog 3times, P5, K1
Repeat rows 3-6 over and over as long as you need to.
BO

Try adding it to the loom as stitches in this example. 
 

6 comments:

  1. I appreciate your instructions. Could you please add what pegs your doing these things on. And how would yt

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I want to attach this as an edge to a blanket as I am stitching the ruffle, what row(s) would I attach to the blanket? I was thinking possibly rows 3 and 5 but since those start with a slip stitch, I wasn't sure when/how to attach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attach at the end of rows 2,4, and 6. I would suggest p2tog on those pegs that say knit1. That way you have a smooth connection.

      Delete
    2. thanks! When I come back around to the beginning, would I put the first row back on and purl them together too? I'm hoping that would straighten that row out a little, right now it bends a little. Also, if I wanted the ruffle to be a little smaller, would I only turn twice instead of three times? I was thinking that a slightly small ruffle might look a little better with what I am making. BTW - I really like the ruffle, was looking for something to finish the blanket off and I found this and thought it would be good.

      Delete
    3. Yes, turn twice instead of 3 if you want less ruffle, also if you go ahead and put the first row back and purl together, that should straighten the row out. This would be a great trim to finish a blanket off as.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this! I love it!I have a friends whose daughter is having a little girl. She asked me to make her something. I am going to see if I can make this and attach to the back of a diaper cover for a photo shoot outfit...making it have a couple of layers. Love Love Love! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete