The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

Saturday, January 28, 2017

January Yarn Reviews



Bernat Softee Baby Colors
DK Weight (3)
$4-$6
310 yds
100% Arcylic
I think it has great color options, and the colors work up lovely. Easy to get from about every where, and reasonable in price for the yardage you get. Best used on 3/8" gauge looms. It doesn't was up well, if you are using for socks it will leave fuzzy ends after washing. Has nice spring to it, and is soft as it states. I would suggest this yarn to anyone.


 Ravelry Link For Pattern










Patons Silk Bamboo
DK Weight (3)
$6-$9
102 yds
70% Bamboo 30% Silk
Beautiful color options, and works up lovely as well. Very soft, but not quite as soft as the bamboo cotton blend I have gotten in the past. I think it is thicker than a typical DK weight, feels more like a worsted weight. Little pricey but you are getting natural fibers. It is typically found online, I haven't seen it in stores. It has some spring, but a beautiful drape because it has some weight to it. A great yarn for summer projects, for the natural fibers are breathing fibers. There is a enough to make a hat, or some baby items, but you would have to order more skeins if you want to make something larger. I would most likely buy more of this yarn as I really enjoyed looming with it. It also does best on a 3/8" gauge loom.
 Ravelry Link For Pattern

























Premier Isaac Mizrahi Crafts Little Red
DK Weight (3)
$4-$7
232 yds
100% Acrylic
The gradient in color worked up nicely and has a soft but firm feel to it. The price is not bad either, but I would say not easily found. I got mine at Michael's, and that is the only place I have seen it so far. It washes up really well, I have washed a pair of socks a couple of times and still looks awesome. It has good spring, and a nice drape. It is a true DK weight in my opinion, and works best on 3/8" gauge looms. I would suggest this yarn to anyone making items they intend to wash a lot.
 Ravelry Link For Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment