The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ski Mask





Ski Mask

Supplies:
 41 peg Circular Loom
Crafting Needle
Looming Hook
Crochet Hook
Two Skeins Color of Choice

Stitches Used:
E-Wrap: EW
Purl: P
K: Knit
Cast On: CO
Cast Off: COF
Draw String Cast On: DSCO

Top of Hat: Yellow Loom
DSCO 41 pegs Start off working circularly
Row 1-15: EW41
Row 16: COF 11, EW30
Row 17-19: Start working flat EW30
Row 20: Go back to working circular CO11, EW30




Mid Hat
Row 21-22: EW25, P2, EW14
Row 23-24: EW23, P1, EW1, P2, EW1, P1, EW12
Row 25-26: EW21, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P2, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW10
Row 27-28: EW19, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P2, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW8
Row 29-30: EW17, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P2, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW1, P1, EW6

Neck of Hat: At this point you can change color if you would like.
Row 31-49: K1, P1 12times, K1, P2,  Then K1, P1 7times
COF Loosely


Finishing:
Draw String the top of the hat. Crochet around the edge of eye area to stiffen and clean the line. If desired to be warmer, line with a thin yarn, only work lining to mid hat section and not doing the neck, sew lightly the lining into the hat.



14 comments:

  1. I'm new to loom knitting and this was my first project. Please fix the steps. The mid section and neck are not listing all 41 pegs. In some steps My hat came out ugly and nothing like what is shown. I spent over 30 minutes looking for a ski mask and came across this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well for a first project I wouldn't have suggested this one, but will gladly take a look see at the written and see if there is anything off. This was written awhile back a few years ago, just released it though.

      Delete
    2. 1 Row was off I have went in and fixed it, and have also gone in and added notes that will assist in making it easier to make. Sorry for the complication. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I would love to try this , I am looking for something similar for a child ( 1-2 years old) can you tell me what size of loom I should try and give it a whirl. Thank you for any direction , I really appreciate any advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will want to use the 36 peg loom in Boye, Knifty Knitter, and 2 other brands that are similar to it. You will need to adjust things a little for the size change.

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    first of all thank you for this pattern, really useful. I am doing it for my 1-year old daughter on a 36 KK loom and was wondering, what size of hat (above the opening), size of opening and size of cowl (underneath the opening) would you suggest? She has a fairly roundish head ;)
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fixing to do another pattern that is similar but where the face is open and it has a brim. I believe I did 15 to 20 rows for the face opening. Hope I am understanding this correctly, let me know if I am not.

      Delete
  4. How when you say line with thin yarn to make it warmer what is a good technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. How when you say line with thin yarn to make it warmer what is a good technique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only have a 40 peg loom what are the adjustments i need to make ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COF 10 rather than 11 for the eye opening section. Then Remove the P2 throughout the rest of the pattern, when the P1 EW1 sections starts at row 21, and that should be all you really have to do. Good Luck!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Scarlett, have you/will you be doing a video tutorial of this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyway of doing a video for us people that need hands on to follow..easyier for me to watch then read and loom knit thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pattern just had 2 questions, you say to CO loosley,. Any particular CO method? Would super stretchy BO work? And crocheting around the eye area? How exactly do I do that? I'm sorry to bother you with a stupid question just very new to this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete