The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

The Muse Scarlett Yvette Royal

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How to loom a Netted Hat



Netted Hat   

Supplies:
36 peg loom
looming hook
crafters needle
2 skeins of yarn (doubel strands)

Terms:
EW: E-Wrap
CO: Cast On
P:Purl
D: Decrease
YO: Yarn Over
DSCOF: Draw String Cast Off

Work circular
EW CO 36 pegs
Row1: EW36
Row2: P36
Row3-7:P1 EW1 repeat 18x Creating a ribbing pattern
Row8: P36
Row9: EW36
Row10: **D1 toss bottom loop over, YO1, EW1** Repeat 18x (Note: you can go in and do the Decrease and toss the bottom loops over, then go back and basically EW 36 pegs, but toss every peg that has 2 loops on it.)
Row11-12: EW36
Repeat rows 10-12, 4 more times.
Decrease every other pegg tossing bottom loop over and DSCOF. Close off top and then hide your original tail.
Your Done!!

8 comments:

  1. I like this net part of the pattern and would like to try it on a rectanglular loom. I'm thinking of it for a shawl. Would it work??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get the pattern for the fingerless gloves shown with the netted hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to the video tutorial and underneath should be the blog link to the written pattern. :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HU6jt8wHOE&list=TLEBtz465gWaMKTfgdkh_aV0mFqKQZDK-r

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this hat pattern!! It is so easy and works up fast...I hope you don't mind, but I am making a scarf to match it using your hat pattern...would love to share a picture of it with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when people share their results please post. Below the video should be a facebook link for my Loom Muse Page, if you don't like facebook post to my google+. I want to see your results it is a lot of fun for me. Thank you!!!!

      Delete
  4. i made it but keep getting confused

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love thi netted hat thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started Loom Knitting.

    ReplyDelete